A new position for an experienced Senior Process Engineer who leads and contributes to process and product development projects.
Do you have a Masters degree in Chemical Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience? Do you want to work in a fast growing international operating family business?
Then keep on reading!
Where? At Smit & zoon in Weesp & Amersfoort, the Netherlands, a known player in the development of chemical performance materials for the leather industry.
Vacancy Senior Process Engineer
Fulltime, Weesp & Amersfoort, the Netherlands
What will you be doing?
Smit & zoon is growing rapidly and to support this growth, we are looking for a Senior Process Engineer. Most projects will mainly be for our sites in Weesp and Amersfoort, however,support of and travel to our sites abroad may also be required.
Current focus areas include process development & scale-up of new products and processes.
He/she is responsible for defining process technology and bringing new product & process concepts from the lab/pilot scale to commercial supply. The Senior Process Engineer is an experienced engineer who is able to bring together fundamentals and practical scale-up knowledge in order to help create value through process- and product innovation. He/she works closely with the Project Manager to set up and execute Capex projects which involves process installations.. The emphasis for the job will be in the front-end loading of projects.
• Feasibility studies, conceptual and basic process design & engineering for Capex projects;
• Contact and guidance of external engineering companies for detailed engineering phases of Capex projects;
• Participates in research and development projects in order to contribute to innovations, new designs, or new techniques to advance process technology;
• Adheres to and supports the implementation and improvement of all safety, health, and environmental guidelines;
• Initiates and maintains contacts with key internal and external technical experts and professionals
• A Masters degree in Chemical Engineering with 5+ years relevant industrial experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years relevant industrial experience, ideally with experience in process development and scale-up;
• Experience with manufacturing, transitioning new products to manufacturing and/or toll manufacturing of products in process industry (chemicals, food ingredients, or similar);
• A broad knowledge of chemical process development and unit operations;
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinker;
• Fluent in English (good knowledge of Dutch is an additional asset) (writing & verbally);
• Well-developed communication and presentation skills;
• Knowledge of process safety;
• The ability to lead and work effectively in teams
We offer you
A great job at a leading, internationally operating family business. Our working conditions are excellent: a good income and various attractive extras such as a 13th month and a variable bonus. Smit & zoon also offers excellent training and personal development opportunities.
For this position, you will be based in Weesp as well as Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
Smit & zoon develops and produces chemicals in Weesp & Amersfoort, Italy, China, and India. Our chemicals are processed into leather for famous brands of cars, furniture, clothing, and bags. Our headquarters are located in Weesp, the Netherlands. Smit & zoon currently has around 400 employees worldwide.
The strength of Smit & zoon is in the people who work there. Professionals with the passion to deliver sustainable top performance to our customers on a daily basis.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in working for Smit & zoon? Send your resume and motivation letter to Robin van Rijssel, Senior Recruiter, via the application button.
Sharing this job vacancy with third parties is not appreciated.
Keywords: Senior Process Engineer, Chemical Engineering, process development, process safety, chemicals, manufacturing